After applying to 6 colleges, getting accepted to four, wait-listed at one (and still not hearing from the last one…) I have officially decided to attend Radford University in the fall and I am SOOOO excited!! I went to visit with Brandon last fall (it was his top school, too!) and I fell in LOVE! The campus is absolutely beautiful and it felt like home to me. I could actually SEE myself there and I knew right then that Radford is where I wanted to be (not to mention that I’m majoring in business and the brand spankin’ new business building was just the topper on the cake!) Also, Radford is going to be the absolute perfect place to continue to build my business for the following reasons:
1. I get to have my car as a freshman! This will help so much with traveling to sessions and weddings while in Radford, and I’ll also be able to travel home bi-weekly for sessions in Fredericksburg!
2. Radford offers a photography major! While I’m still deciding whether or not I want to double major, the fact that I have that option makes me very happy 🙂
3. The campus and surrounding areas are GORGEOUS places for photography! The locations that I’m going to be able to shoot in are endless!
4. Virginia Tech is less than 10 minutes away, meaning I’ll have two whole universities of potential clients that I’ll hopefully be able to work with!
5. Radford offers AMAZING travel abroad opportunities and I can only hope that I’ll be able to take full advantage of them!!
I was also accepted into East Carolina University, Savannah College of Art and Design and Longwood University. Here are some iPhone pics of my journey to find the perfect school:
My very first college visit to JMU when I was a junior! It was pretty chilly that day…
ECU…loved this statue!!
My first official acceptance later to East Carolina!
The day I found out I was accepted to Radford after my one-on-one, same-day decision interview! My parents decorated my room for me and Brandon was sporting his RU hoodie in celebration 🙂
Our first visit to RU together! Seriously…how gorgeous is this campus!?